Thursday, December 10, 2009

Stress

Matthew 11:28&29
"Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Unfortunately, stress in our lives is unavoidable. The weight of worries, fears, doubts, and other things that keep us stressed out is part of life. The important thing to do is learn how to manage it. Here are a few keys that we can take from this scripture.

1.) Come to me- The first thing that we have to do is the most important, and that is to go to Jesus. He doesnt need to be our second or third option behind a friend or a book, but he needs to be first.

2.) Take my yoke, learn from me- The idea of the "yoke" is found in old farming ways. Farmers would yoke togehter working animals so that they would stay on the same track. Lets get on track with his plans for our lives and allow him to work for and with us.

3.) Find rest for your souls- Once you have turned those things over to him, let him have them for good and rest in the fact that your life is in good hands.

The things seem simple I know, but I can promise you they are effective. Take from me I know.

Prayer for the day: Lord help me to take care of those things that I can, and to leave the rest up to you without worry. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment